Posted on June 20, 2016
Content Development and Marketing Is the New Age Marketing Tool for a Marketer
The Myth and the meaning
Wikipedia says, “Web content development is the process of researching, writing, gathering, organizing, and editing information for publication on websites.” The amazing co-incidence being that the definition itself is an example of web content that was developed to be put out there. Contrary to popular belief, content is not limited to textual but is referred to the publication of information in general that is communicated with others by use of various ways. Basically, most of what you see, read and hear is content.
Use of Content
Content is strategically created and distributed by the organization in order to attract potential customers and retain them. We have all heard that information and knowledge is power but what use is of power if it cannot promote growth?
This is where content development and content marketing step in, information needs to be communicated to actually hold any significance and therefore its developed in a user-friendly way. Further, to distribute this valuable content, a marketing strategy is devised revolving around different types of content.
Why is content marketing the current favorite?
- The most effective way to increase your reach is through content marketing,
reports have shown that website traffic has increased as much as 50 % and quality feedback from customers have also increased up to 25 %, which shows the participation of the audience.
- Reports say 68 % people prefer to spend time reading about the brand they are interested in, this indicates a following trend in the making. Content Marketing, not only increases reach, it also ensures a loyal customer base.
- Experts have always argued that brand is how people perceive your business, however, with regular content development and marketing, that perception can be directed in the right way. With that being said, content marketing promotes brand visibility which is desirable.
- In the cutthroat competitive era, we live in, everything matters. If people do not find more than what they came looking for, they might start looking elsewhere. What brands need is value creation, which can be achieved through quality content.
- All of it results in the higher lead generation; data proves that the number of sales leads has increased up to 39% after the usage of content marketing.
Even though it is difficult to quantify the benefits of content development and
marketing, various parameters show its impact on the business as well, they
prove that Content is King. It is also the magnet that attracts the customers so
that they know what exactly you have to offer to them. Simply stating, your work will build your brand but how will people know what your work is without the right content?
The best part is that most industries are sitting on heaps of raw data can be transformed into useful and valuable content. All that is to be done is the start.